D’aww, I was nominated for the Real Neat Blog Award by the wonderful Ashleyleia. I’m really bad at taking compliments without turning them into a joke so I’ll just say thank you so much, please go read her blog, she’s lovely.
All righty, so never done of these before but I just stole stuff from her page.
- Put the award logo on your blog.
- Answer 7 questions asked by the person who nominated you.
- Thank the people who nominated you, linking to their blogs.
- Nominate any number of bloggers you like, linking to their blogs.
- Let them know you nominated them (by commenting on their blog etc.)
cherry-picked chose from Ashleyleia:
- Where do most visits to your blog come from? It’s a pretty stiff competition between Finland, UK and USA. Also have some random ones, like the Maldives. Also I get one view almost every day from Ireland. Just one. Hi one Irish reader, thanks for reading!
- What are the positive aspects of blogging according to you? I get to share and exchange thoughts with people with similar experiences. Also I hopefully am able to provide peer support to someone who needs it or an insight into the fun world of mental illness.
- What do you wish the most to accomplish with your blog? Give someone the point of view I wish I had when I was really ill. I would’ve had loved to hear from someone who has been there too that it honestly can get better, it’s not just what doctors tell you so you don’t top yourself.
- If you only had one book that you could take with you, which one would that be? Take with me where? On holiday? To the beyond? (And at this point you shall notice why I never get nominated for anything.) In any case it would be ‘Tiger, tiger’ by Marqaux Fragoso. It’s haunting, disturbing, beautiful.
- What musical instrument have you tried to play? Emphasis on the word tried. A chewed-up recorder which probably gave one entire generation cold sores like everyone else ofc. I also tried to get to violin classes but failed my entrance exam. (Ikr, entrance exam to even enter classes!) I was eight. Thank Christ I’m not bitter about it but I hope that the lady who conducted the exam got cold sores.
- Besides writing, what is/are your other(s) passion(s)? Watching weird documentaries about people who have sex with cars or marry the Eiffel tower, #madbanter and getting wound up over shit.
- Anything you had wished to have learned earlier? The violin.
My nominees: Please don’t feel pressured to do an award post. I just want to show some love to some amazing people, you should go check their blogs out. I just wanted to try can I answer questions myself since I ask stuff for a job. Clearly aced it. But if you want to do a post, my questions are as follows.
My questions for the nominees:
- Where does your blog’s name come from?
- What made you want to start blogging?
- Have you written stuff for fun before your blog?
- What’s your favourite or ‘favourite’ post?
- The best comment you’ve ever received?
- Is there something you’d like to try with your blog in the future?
- What’s your favourite dinosaur?
My nominees are:
Thank you for the nomination, really made my day! ❤